The modern miracle of Lasik eye surgery has helped more than 20 million people worldwide to improve their vision and even live life without glasses or contacts. Learn more about the average Lasik eye surgery cost and how to find the right surgeon.
What is Lasik Eye Surgery?
It’s a surgery performed to correct vision by using a laser to change the shape of the cornea, which is the clear part at the front of the eye. This allows light to focus properly so that those who receive the surgery can see better.
Lasik Eye Surgery Cost
The cost of Lasik eye surgery can vary widely, from $100 to $4000 per eye depending on many factors, including the experience of the surgeon and the type of technology used for the operation. However the average cost of Lasik surgery performed the United States in 2017 was $2,088 per eye, according to a report prepared for All About Vision.
There are a number of ways to make the cost of Lasik more affordable. About half of eye care providers offer special pricing for Lasik and other vision procedures. Examples of special pricing include zero-interest financing, limited-time offers and special group pricing. But be wary of discount or low cost Lasik surgery offers, as they typically don’t include add ons or follow up procedures which are commonly needed.
Benefits of Lasik
- It can improve your vision.
- It works very quickly, with noticeable vision improvements the next day, even.
- It’s relatively pain-free.
- It doesn’t take very long.
- It has a high success rate with 96% of patients happy with the results.
- You may save money on glasses and contacts.
Potential Problems with Lasik
- There is a small risk of complications.
- Vision issues like halos or poor night vision may occur in a small percentage of patients.
- May cause dry eye for some people.
- The best vision that a patient could achieve with contacts or glasses could be compromised.
Choosing a Good Lasik Eye Doctor
There are a ton of Lasik providers out there, but there are probably quite a few you don’t actually want to let near your eyes. Choose a provider with good reviews, a welcoming and professional staff, clean facilities, and up-to-date technology. Some providers offer a warranty of sorts that says they’ll perform adjustments if necessary at no cost to you.
If you’re curious about what this surgery might be able to do for you, don’t hesitate to contact a reputable Lasik provider. Speak with a Lasik professional at Sharpe Vision if you’re looking for an eye doctor to determine if you’re a good candidate to have Lasik eye surgery.