A. Entry, Prizes, and Odds
- The contest begins and ends (the “Deadline”) at a certain time, as set forth in the contest summary. You may enter the contest by submitting a contest application via Hello Krystof’s website in the manner set forth on the contest summary page. All information fields in the contest application must be completed in full, in the English language, and the application must be received by the deadline to be eligible. You may submit only one application, and no revisions to the application may be made after it has been submitted. The specific prizes are set forth in the contest summary.
- No purchase is necessary. The odds of winning a scholarship depend on the quality of your entry, and the purchase of any products or services does not increase the odds of winning.
- Prizes will be paid directly to the educational institution which the recipient is attending. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges will be permitted. All tax associated with the receipt or use of any prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- This contest is restricted to legal residents of the United States who are least 18 years of age and who are presently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary academic institution in the United States.
- Entries must be made by the Deadline and in the manner set out in the contest summary. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the contest or access the website.
- Only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that Hello Krystof discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified.
- All data submitted via each Entry is used by Hello Krystof exclusively for processing scholarship entries and winners. Applicants will not be marketed or solicited to in any way as a result of their contest submission. Further communication may be used to request clarification, send notice of scholarship changes/updates, and to notify the winner(s).
D. Limitation of Liability
- Hello Krystof is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, technical error, or human error which may occur in the processing of entries and submissions. Hello Krystof assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or alteration of entries.
- Hello Krystof accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in submission or delivery, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- Hello Krystof accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury, or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the contest, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- By entering the contest, you release Hello Krystof and any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the scholarship or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the scholarship (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- All contest participants, regardless of whether content is submitted as an entry, agree to indemnify Hello Krystof and its affiliates against, hold them harmless from, and defend them against, any and all claims, suits, actions, damages, losses and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from the participant’s participation in this scholarship contest or arising from any claim that a third party has any legal rights to the work that you submit.
E. Intellectual Property Rights
- You represent that you have the right to use any text, audio, video, audiovisual, html, links or other materials you submit as part of your Entry, and no part of your submission infringes upon the copyright or any other statutory or common-law intellectual property rights (including without limitation trademark, service mark, and trade name rights), proprietary rights (including without limitation trade secrets), or rights of privacy or publicity of any third party.
- By submitting an entry under this program, you represent and warrant to Hello Krystof and its affiliates/partners that the work you submit is an original, unpublished design authored by you and that no other person or entity has any legal rights to the work.
- Your submission of any entry, whether or not you are the winner, constitutes your agreement, without any additional payment or consideration, that Hello Krystof and its affiliates/partners shall own all right, title, and interest (including without limitation patent rights, copyrights, and all other intellectual property rights) to your submission, and you thereby assign to Hello Krystof and its affiliates/partners all right, title, and interest in and to your submission, including without limitation the right to reproduce, distribute, sublicense, perform, and display the work and to create and use derivative works therefrom in any medium throughout the world. The term “derivative works” as used herein has the same meaning as used in the Copyright Act of the United States.
- If for some reason the foregoing assignment is ineffective, your Entry grants to Hello Krystof a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual fully paid-up license (with the right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, and to distribute, perform, transmit and display such content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. In any event, without limiting the foregoing, Hello Krystof may freely use the content without payment of any kind to the contest entrant.
F. Rights to Use Likeness; Publicity Release
- Except where prohibited by law, entry into the contest constitutes permission for Hello Krystof and its affiliates/partners to use your name, likeness, contest award, and the name of your educational institution and your field of study, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by Hello Krystof and its affiliates/partners in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- In addition to the above, all prize-winners of the contest unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and disclosure of their city of residence; (b) providing proof of enrollment in an accredited post-secondary academic institution in the United States, to the extent requested by Hello Krystof; and (c) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable contest-related publicity.
G. Governing Law
- The contest and these official rules shall in all respects be governed by the laws of the State of Washington without reference to its principles of conflicts of laws.
- Any controversies, claims, or disputes arising or relating to this contest shall be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall take place in King County, Washington. Mandatory and binding arbitration in King County, Washington shall be the exclusive venue and jurisdiction to resolve any disputes relating to the Contest and you irrevocably submit to jurisdiction in King County, Washington in connection therewith.
- Hello Krystof reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this offer, program, or the official rules, in whole or in part, at any time.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of Hello Krystof and its affiliates/partners, which shall be final. All applicable federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- All entrants acknowledge that they have read these official rules, and accept the terms stated herein. By entering the contest, you acknowledge and agree that Hello Krystof may contact you, including via email.
- You agree to be bound by these terms and by the decisions of Hello Krystof, which are final and binding in all respects. Hello Krystof reserves the right to revise, suspend or cancel the contest or your participation should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper administration of the contest or scholarship or if Hello Krystof otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the contest as planned.
- You are subject to disqualification if you violate these terms, tamper with the operation of the scholarship or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Hello Krystof, the scholarship or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Hello Krystof’s sole discretion).